Saturday, December 22, 2007

On the third day til Christmas...

Let my Christmas vacation begin! My cards and presents are made, my gifts are wrapped, my projects are done, I wrote my letter to Santa, and I made my favorite holiday treat...cranberry bread! (Actually, I made it three times this week!)

This is my mom's recipe that she makes every year, and I healthified it (sort of). I actually like it better than the original recipe! It turned out SOOOO GOOD. It took three times to get it right, so I'm sorry if you got one of the 'experiment' batches :) I tried some different butter substitutions but in the end, I decided to just go with the butter. (It's worth it) Here is the perfected recipe:

Cranberry Bread
2 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup butter
1 cup Splenda
1/2 cup sugar
4 eggs
1 tbsp vanilla
1/2 cup fat free evaporated milk
1 cup chopped fresh cranberries
1 cup walnuts (optional)

Cream butter, sugar and Splenda. Add eggs one at a time, beating well. Add vanilla and milk. Mix well. Mix in the dry ingredients. Stir in cranberries and walnuts. Grease and flour bread pans. Bake at 325 for 1 hour. Makes 2 loaves or 5 mini loaves.

I have also been making more Christmas cards today! Fun!

Last night, we went to see the play It's A Wonderful Life. My friend Nate was in it, so we went to go see him. They did it like a 1940s radio broadcast, and it turned out really, really good. I do love that story. Good job Nate!

Yesterday I went to get my hair cut. My hair lady said she wanted to try and see if she could make my hair straight, so away she went with the flat iron. Here's the final result...

I thought she did OK, but I must say that I like my curls better. :) Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night. May all your Christmas wishes come true!

4 comments:

Kristen Brady said...

I love your curls, but you looked great! Thanks for the visit and the talk - it brightened my day!

Cougarg said...

Just from the little that I know you, the curls are definitely you. Are you going to come with everybody on the 27th? Anyways, have a Merry Christmas!

Heather said...

I like the curls..but you relaly look cute with straight hair too! It would be a fun change every once in a while...Merry Christmas!

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

I have to agree, I like the curls better too. I think it's interesting how hair people always try to straighten curly hair, but when a person with straight hair goes to get a hair cut, they don't try to make it curly. What gives? Well, last time I got my hair professionally cut, they did flip the ends out, but no full-on curls. Your curls do rock!