Monday, December 10, 2007

Holiday treats

Last night I had my annual Christmas cookie party. It was lots of fun. I like making holiday treats, but I don't like to have them all laying around the house for days so I have a cookie party and everyone comes over to help decorate the cookies and eat the treats. And then I send them home with the leftovers! It works great.

This year I had a few "healthified" recipes I wanted to try, so I made healthified fudge and healthified egg nog. I must say they were quite tasty. You'll never believe the secret ingredient in the fudge, but try it--seriously, it's good! Here are the recipies...

Healthified Fudge
15 oz. can of pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup cocoa
3/4 cup melted margarine
7 1/2 cups powdered sugar

1. Mash beans with a fork til smooth. Heat in a saucepan or microwave.
2. Add cocoa and butter.
3. Slowly stir in sugar.
4. Press into greased pan, cover and refrigerate til firm.
YUM!

Note: I tried adding peanut butter to some of it, and it was quite good. And I added chopped almonds to some of it and that was good too. I tried adding some pumpkin to some of it, and that wasn't quite so good. :)

Healthified Egg Nog
Mix one package of sugar free white chocolate pudding mix with 2 cups of skim milk. Blend well. Add 6 more cups of milk, 1/2 cup Splenda, and 1 tsp of nutmeg. Blend and enjoy!

3 comments:

Cougarg said...

"Healthified"...hmmm...I like it. How about these as related phrases? "health enhanced" perhaps? Or maybe "increased nutrition levels"?

I also like most instances of peanut butter and chocolate converging on one location, namely my mouth. But I think I'll take your word for it on the pumpkin fudge. Those seem like they are two great tastes that don't taste great together.

* - My apologies to Garrett in advance for any punctuation or grammar faux pas.

Danielle said...

Wow, pinto beans huh? I never would have guessed, but it sounds fiber enriched...which is good. I'd be interested to try some, but I don't like fudge enought to whip up my own batch. I'll have to tell my mom about it-she's a fudge junkie!

rebekah said...

It was a fun cookie party. Thanks for the invite! And thanks for the recipes. That nog was really good.