Saturday, December 29, 2007

Disney princess comforter

My brother Nathan is the coolest! He is on a mission in Louisiana and is doing great. Here he is with his Disney Princess comforter. The thing I love about Nathan is that he does what he likes even when everyone else thinks it's weird.

Anyway, it was so great to talk to him on Christmas. He has a bit of a southern accent, which is kinda fun. He is so enthusiastic about the work...I love it! Way to go Nathan.


I have been sick all week long. And I'm sick of being sick. And because I got sick, I'm not going to make it to 400 miles. I'm so sad! I was so close. Well, at least I tried. Speaking of goals, I think it's time for my New Year's Resolution check-in. My 2007 resolutions were:


1. Run a 1/2 marathon. check
2. Learn to swim. check
3. Take guitar lessons. Can my tennis lessons count instead?
4. Get up on time in the morning to actually have a decent amount of time to study my scriptures. check (well, on most days I did this)
5. Throw more parties. I did have some good parties this year.
6. Find a way to consistently use my Spanish. still need to work on this one...any suggestions?
7. Apply for graduate school. I applied. Twice.
8. Give away a Book of Mormon. check

I think I did a pretty good job of meeting most of my 2007 resolutions. I will post my resolutions for 2008 soon. Oh, and I am having a New Year's Eve party...you all are invited. We're having fondue...it'll be great!

3 comments:

Rachael said...

So, is there a story behind the disney princess comforter? Just curious. Your brother seems really cool and way to go on meeting your resolutions! I don't even remember what mine were.

Christy said...

There's not really a story...he just likes Disney princesses, and he bought himself a Disney princess comforter for his mission. We thought it was hilarious!

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

For your Spanish...how about tutoring? I know in most of the school districts in that area, there are plenty of kids just learning English. You could maybe volunteer to be a tutor and help a kid learn English along the way. Of course then you probably aren't using Spanish as much as you would like, since they are trying to learn English, but I think it would be similar to the Study Buddy program at BYU with the English Language Center.