Tuesday, December 18, 2007

How cute is this?

I got to work this morning to find this sitting on my desk. It is the most adorable little teapot and teacup ever full of some delicious herbal tea (camomille, honey and lemon...mmm). My boss is so cute.

Last night after FHE we watched the movie, Elf. I love that show! Anyway, one of my favorite parts is when Santa says to Buddy, "I really need an elf right now." And Buddy says, "I'm not an elf." And then Santa says, "Buddy, you are more of an elf than anyone I know."

The "elfing" season has begun and I just love it! My little "elf worshop" is a big mess right now with all the projects I'm in the middle of. I think one of the reasons I love Christmastime is because I love gift-giving and the increased service opportunities. Plus, it gives me an excuse to let everyone know how great I think they are. I know I should do that year-round, but it's just so much more magical at Christmastime.

Some of the cute Christmas cards I am making!

6 comments:

caron said...

What a lovely little teapot, so short and stout.
I love Christmas time! I'm kind of sad that Christmas is a week away! Then after that (and New Years), there just aren't many festivities to take away the drear of winter. I'll have to visit that website and educate myself. I am looking forward to Friday, when I can leave and not come back for 5 days. Woo hoo!!

Cougarg said...

Wow! Look at all the detail on those cards! You must be an elf, they are all very creative.

I liked Elf well enough, though I could do without many of the over-the-top "Will Ferrell" moments. It does have some genuinely funny moments and touching scenes, as well as Zooey Deshanel, whom I like a lot.

And Caron, I found that Chinese New Year is on February 7th, so mark it down! That is a Thursday though, so maybe the 8th or 9th for our usual purposes.

caron said...

consider it marked.

I love Elf. I think I've seen it about 3 times so far this year. It's clean, and I just think that Will Farrell does so well in that role. My favorite parts (ie, the ones I fast forward to if I don't have time to watch the whole thing)are when he walks past the secretary's desk in real clothes and says "hi, remember me? yeah, I'm in work clothes", and of course the date. Classic.

Christy said...

I love the date scene. Creative dates are my favorite. :)

Heather said...

What a nice surprise to have on your desk in the morning!?!?!?! I know that when I'm sick there's nothing better than a good warm glass of herbal tea. I by the way LOVE your Christmas cards...you and my mom would get a long well. LOL

Mauri said...

How cute! Gotta love good bosses. I'm loving the cards too. A couple look curiously familiar. :) It's good to see you being so crafty!