Saturday, August 25, 2007

Trabajemos en la causa del Senor

Last night I had the awesome privelidge of seeing my mission president and his wife. They were in town from Argentina for their daughter's wedding, and wanted to get together with all the missionaries that live around here, so we had a little reunion. I haven't seen them since I left Mendoza almost 2 1/2 years ago.

I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to serve with them for 18 months. I can't even begin to explain all the many things I learned from them. They helped me catch the vision of this wonderful work that we are all involved in. As they spoke to us last night, Pte. Romero said to always be prepared for something greater. He said that we should never forget that we are ALWAYS the Lord's servants and to be in tune enough to know where he wants us. In the mission, he always called us "angeles" and he said that as long as we are serving, we will never cease to be someone's angel. Hna. Romero talked to us about dreaming. She said don't ever stop dreaming, because dreams do turn into reality. Oh, I love them so much!

Pte. Romero said something to me last night that I will always remember. He said, Hermana Heavenly Father has great things in store for your future. The work you did in Mendoza and the person that you are will not go unrewarded. I told him that I have already seen great blessings in my life because of the mission I served, but he said there are even greater things to come and that I would see them in this life. Wow! That really meant a lot to me. And he also said to me...Hermana, I can tell you this now that you're not a missionary anymore...you are stunningly beautiful. I've never been called stunning before! That was flattering. It was really nice to hear that--especially coming from him. And Hermana Romero said to me, Thank you for keeping your covenants.

And, they told me that Hna. Cantarutti (a member from my favorite ward) is here in SLC!!! I'm so excited to see her also. It's amazing to me how people come in and out of our lives at certain times, and the things we learn from them. I know they were put in my life for a reason.

P.S. My Mom is the coolest. I got back from hiking Mt. Timpanogos today and she brought me a Cafe Rio salad! Thanks Mom!

P.P.S. I got Chester (my new car) this weekend and I LOVE it!

P.P.P.S. Like Caron, I was also the recipient of a good deed this week. Some nice soul sent me a beautiful and encouraging card saying that I was strong and could handle anything that came my way and that this person believed in me. Thank you to whoever did that...it totally made my day!

No comments: