Monday, August 06, 2007

Lessons in friendship

Yesterday was international friendship day. Thank you to all my wonderful friends out there. You have each impacted my life in a significant way and I'm so grateful for you and who you are. I know people are put into our lives for a reason, and I'm glad you're in mine.

Just wanted to share some things I've learned over the years from a few of my good friends.

Anne: It's all about the details. Everything is better if it has a theme. Get involved.
Andrea: Open up your clamshell and allow people to see the pearl inside. Use your talents in whatever situation you're in.
Jared: Always be available to help a friend in need.
Caron: See the world. Take advantage of opportunities.
Steve: Live it up! Crazy antics only make life more exciting and enjoyable.
April: Do your best and don't stress about the rest.
Blake: the Kamas Demolition Derby is only the coolest event in the state.
Melissa: It is possible to like running. Even if you've always hated it.
Stephen: Look on the bright side. Be positive…it could always be worse.
Adriana: Be excited about your church calling and magnify it to the best of your ability.
Teri: Do what you love. Follow your heart. Pursue your dreams. Enjoy the moment.
Darin: Just be open and honest. Look for opportunities to serve and make other people happy.
Bethany: Talking to yourself in the mirror is a good thing.
Lorena: Ice cream and a little bit of laughter always makes for a better situation.
Natalie: When your heart gets broken, it's just expanding and making room for more love.
Kristen: It will all be OK in the end. If it's not OK, then it's not the end.
Alison: Boyfriend in a box…need I say more?
Kami: Faith and trust are the answer to everything.

Happy Friendship Day! Thank you for everything!

2 comments:

a{Jo} said...

That is so sweet! I'm shocked that you learned something from me, but it makes me feel great that you did!

caron said...

And from Christy: It's all about networking. -or- bring your own dang toilet paper to the beach!!

Yea for good friends!