Wednesday, August 01, 2007

It spoke to me

The other day I was at my uncle Paul’s house and as I was walking through the garage, I saw a car sitting there. Now, I know you’re all wondering why I’m posting about seeing a car in a garage. That happens every day. However, as I walked past this particular car, it spoke to me. I am not kidding! It said, “Christy I need to be yours.”

Now I am not usually a car person. If it gets me from Point A to Point B, that’s good enough for me. And, this car was being worked on so the hood was off, it was surrounded by various car parts and tools, and it was filthy. Yet it still spoke to me.

My uncle fixes up cars all the time so it was no surprise that the car was in this state. Well, without even thinking about it, I turn around and walk back into the house and ask if he was planning to sell the car when he was done fixing it. (This also is not unusual…my uncle frequently buys wrecked cars, fixes them up, and sells them.) Anyway, my aunt Loretta tells me that the car is my aunt Tami’s and she just got in a little wreck, so Paul is fixing the car for her.

I am bummed. But then Loretta suggested I call Tami and ask her if she wants to sell the car. So I do. She thinks about it a minute and says, “Well, maybe.” The next day Paul calls me and tells me that Tami wants to sell me the car. I ask how much it is. He tells me. Out of my price range. Bummer. Then he calls me back a few hours later and tells me he has miscalculated and tells me the new price. Hmmm….more manageable. Then he tells me that Tami wants to buy his car (which has leather seats—better for her dogs), AND this lady in his ward wants to buy my car. So, if I buy this car, he wouldn’t have to find someone to buy his car, and he wouldn’t have to find a car for this lady in his ward.

So, without further adieu, meet Chester! (Yes, the name has already spoken to me too.)

It’s a 2005 Honda Civic. Dark Blue. 22,000 miles. Gets fantastic gas milage. Sunroof. Super cute. And it’s sooo me! Now obviously this is not the REAL Chester. (He is so much cuter!) He is not in a photogenic state at the moment. But he will be mine in just a few short weeks. Don’t say a car doesn’t choose its owner, because Chester and I have already bonded, and I can’t deny that he spoke to me.

3 comments:

caron said...

Congratualtions on the new addition to the family! I am especially excited that you get to have a sunroof! Whoever came up with that genius idea deserves.... something great.

Christy said...

I bet they are making a lot of money with that idea.

Heather said...

Cute car Christy....that's exciting! Can't wait to see Chester once he's out of the "hospital."