Friday, August 03, 2007

Take me out to the ball game

For FHE this week we went to the Bees baseball game. It was great fun. Now if only Ryan would have done his baseball research I could have enjoyed the game even more fully. I love that Bro. Hintze brought his Harry Potter book to read during the game. LOL! I finally finished the book this week and I really liked it. My theory was half right. I'm sad it's over though. It was so much fun to look forward to the next book to see what happens next.

This is my favorite part of baseball games...the 7th inning stretch. :)



Family history I am doing it...

Our bishop issued our ward a challenge to prepare 1000 ordinances for the temple by August 8. When he gave us that challenge, I seriously had some major doubts as to how I was ever going to contribute. 'My family history has all been done,' I thought to myself. And, I know absolutely nothing about family history. I decided to give it a go anyway. After all, I had to at least say I tried to do my part in meeting the ward goal. With the help of my grandma and my dad, I was able to find a line of my family history that I could work on researching.


Well, lo and behold, my family history was not all done. I found two names! My great-great-great-great aunt from Norway and her son. I must say that it was pretty dang cool to find their information and go through the whole process of submitting their names for temple work. And I am so excited to do their work for them now.

No comments: