Monday, August 13, 2007

Go, fight, win!

It turns out that I will be going back to school this fall after all! Remember how I got rejected from that grad school program I applied to? Well, I get a random call from the advisor of the program last week.

She tells me I can take a few classes in the program after all. She said that way I would get to know some of the faculty and I’d get a better idea of what the program is about. That way if I decide to apply again, it will totally help my application. AND…the credits will count toward my master’s degree when/if I start the program next year!

So I frantically call the admissions lady to get an exception to register late. (The late deadline was Aug. 1) She tells me that if I can get my application to her that day, she will get it processed and get me registered for my classes. So, I’m now an official student of the University of Utah. Classes start in a week! I can’t believe it.

I am so excited! (Even if I might have to add some RED to my wardrobe.) I think this route will be even better than if I’d gotten accepted in the first place. Now I’ll really be able to decide if this is what I really want to do before I jump in headfirst. The program is Educational Leadership & Student Affairs. It focuses on university administration and leadership in student affairs. With this degree I can do stuff like Study Abroad and Foreign Exchange programs, International and Community Outreach, Service Learning, Student Leadership, etc.

I will be taking two classes: Leadership in Student Affairs and International Student Affairs. I think I will go out and treat myself to a new pencil box or something.

P.S. This does not change my football team affiliation in any way. :)

No comments: