Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Life is good

Yesterday I had a completely awesome day. I seriously had an ear-to-ear permagrin all day long. First of all, I accepted a really amazing job opportunity. I will be working as a student government advisor at Brigham Young University. I will specifically be working with the communications division of student government. I am super excited! I have been wanting a job like this for a long time, so it's really exciting for me to be getting into that field.

Second, I was able to change my grad school program to part-time instead of full time, so that it will work with my new job. And I will still be able to finish in 2 years! I only have to go to class one night a week, so that will totally help on commuting time.

Third, I found out that my trip to China is going to be less expensive than I thought and I get to go to three cities in China! And my new job is going to work around my China trip.

Fourth, Matt took me to Coldstone to celebrate and they had my favorite ice cream flavor of all time! (Which they haven't had in 3 years.) Oatmeal cookie batter ice cream. Mmmmm!

Fifth, I finally felt good enough to make it back to the gym after a week-long leave of absence due to my extreme illness last week. And I got in a fairly decent workout and I didn't die!

Sixth, I didn't have to cook dinner because for FHE we had a soup night provided by the bishopric.

What a completely fabulous day! Life is good.

7 comments:

garrett said...

I was under the impression you were still working at the scrapbooking place. That's exciting that you're going to be doing something you really enjoy! How exciting! Hope it works out for you! And we all need to go to cold stone to celebrate. Maybe I could call and get directions... "we're on....... a road...."

Jonny said...

Wow, I wish I would have a day like that!

The Bentley's said...

congrats on the new job! that's exciting. and what a life... i need a good day like that:)
linds

Heather said...

What a FANTASTIC day and I'm glad to hear that you're up and feeling better again! Congrats on the new job!!!

Mauri said...

Hooray for awesome new jobs! Even if you won't be there to chat with anymore. All I have to say is, are you sure you're not going to miss being up to your ears in ribbon and brads? Especially after that company meeting today and some of the comments? Man, that was one for the record books.

Danielle said...

Don't you just love days like that!?!
Way to go on the new job and school and all that. That is awesome.

Melissa said...

Couldn't have happened to a nicer girl.