Monday, March 17, 2008

First race of the season

Ahhh, the first race of the season! On Saturday, Caron, Matt and I ran the Rex Lee Run 10K. It was so much fun! I'm not sure what my "official" time is since the results have not yet been posted, but according to my watch, I finished the 6.2 miles in 68 minutes, 36 seconds. Not too shabby. And, the best part is that I reached my goal of running the entire race without stopping to walk! Woo-hoo! Matt and Caron both did awesome, too.

The Rex Lee Run is held each year to help raise money for cancer research. One of the cool parts of the race is that you can run for a cancer fighter. You wear their name on your back during the race. Matt and I ran for Matt's grandpa.

This is why I love race days...I love seeing all the people come to run. There's just so much energy being there with everyone, and it's so exciting to look both in front of you and behind you and just see a sea of runners. Bring on this year's race season!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! What is your address? Grandma has the wrong one! I think you should have my email, so you can just email it to me. Sorry, i don't have your email. This is the only way I know how to reach you! Your party looked way fun! I wish i still did fun stuff like that :)