Thursday, March 20, 2008

Unemployed and momentarily insane

So I'm unemployed this week and loving it! I can't believe my week of unemployment is almost over. Sad! I have done lots of fun and exciting things with my time off this week. I've spent countless hours at the gym, and I even swam a mile and ran almost 5 miles in one day! Go me! I've also made some pretty good progress on a T-shirt quilt I am making, I took care of Matt while he was sick on Monday and Tuesday, I have worked on my talk for church and my Relief Society lesson I have to teach this Sunday, today I went and got massages with my mom and sisters, and then we went to lunch, and I have slept in every day. Oh, and I did my taxes and other boring paperwork stuff that had to get done. What a glorious week.

My T-shirt quilt in progress.

I also momentarily went insane last night. I signed up for an Olympic-distance triathlon. That is TWICE the distance of the other triathlons I have done. I think I was feeling pretty confident after my swim/run yesterday morning. It's in July, so hopefully I'll be ready by then. And I'm seriously considering doing the Logan Marathon in September. Anyone interested?

2 comments:

caron said...

Nope. But good luck with that!
So I did my swim in record time yesterday! I had motivation- the pool was closing.
I am incredibly jealous about your week long hiatus. The best I could do was sleep in this morning (oops. I promise it was not on purpose! But it was lovely)

Mauri said...

Momentarily insane? I'd say you've lost it--permanently. All of that swimming and running wasn't good for your brain cells. Well, if anyone can do an Olympic-sized triathlon and a marathon, it's you. Let me know when and where, and perhaps the red-punchers (what's left, that is) will have to come and cheer you on!