Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Running shorts and swimming pools

Yesterday I swam 1400 yards. All the front crawl. (That means no switching it up with the side stroke or back stroke or something.) That is a major record for me. That is .8 miles! Go me! And the coolest part is that I think I even could have kept going. And the other cool part about this is that it is almost the distance of an Olympic distance triathlon swim. Maybe I could do one after all.

I'm so proud of myself. I'm actually starting to like swimming, which is also a major accomplishment considering how much I hated it when I first started. I think I'm starting to like it because I'm actually starting to be decent at it. Hurray for swimming!

Also yesterday I went to Sports Authority to buy a swimming cap. Well I ended up leaving the store with my swimming cap, some anti-fog spray for my goggles, and three pairs of running shorts. Why do I need three pairs of running shorts? I don't. And why do I need anti-fog spray when I've gotten along perfectly fine without it? I probably don't need that either. (Just for the record, I am taking one of the pairs of shorts back.) But why does this happen? I go into a store with one thing on my list and I come out with 5 items. I have got to be better about that. But I just get excited every time I go to a sporting store like that. And I will say that everything I bought was on the clearance rack.

2 comments:

The Bentley's said...

i'm the same... my weak link is costco... i can't leave that place without spending 100 dollars... so whenever we are going over budget, i just ground myself from going there:)

caron said...

guilty. which is why I am also banned from the store and I have to get my shopping fix from your closet! :)