Monday, March 17, 2008

So long, farewell

Friday was my last day of work at Creating Keepsakes. I've been the web editor there for a little over 2 1/2 years. I have enjoyed a lot of things about that job. I've learned so much, and I've really enjoyed working with the extremely talented and creative people there.

For my last day my cute boss, Leslie, took our team to Thanksgiving Point for lunch and to make glass flowers. It was so much fun!

You get to pick what colors you want your flower to be and then they melt the glass down on this big pole in a fiery furnace. Then you smash down the glass with a big metal spade and pull it out with tweezers to make the petals. It's not as malleable as you might think! You seriously have to have a lot of hand strength to pull it out. It actually is quite hard.

But it was really fun, and interesting to see how you actually do stuff like that. I am going to miss the creativity of working in the scrapbooking industry. But I am super excited for my new job.

My cute red punch friends gave me a supply of red punch packets and a red punch poster as a goodbye gift. I'm going to miss them! Thanks to all the wonderful people I have had a chance to work with over these past few years...you guys are awesome!

2 comments:

Heather said...

What a FUN (yet sad) last day at work. What a coool boss!!! I think I might just have to go check out that glass place, that woudle be a BLAST!

Mauri said...

Hmm, I see you haven't added a fuzzy sweater to the woman yet. (the flocking powder offer is still open) Well, I guess everyone down at the BY will just have to think you're a scandalous dresser. :)