Tuesday, April 01, 2008

It has already been quite the day

What a day! So, first of all I got a flat tire on the way to the gym this morning and had to get out and change it in the freezing cold weather. (Let me remind you that it was 5:30 in the morning and I was wearing shorts!) I thought I was going to die!

Anyway, that put me running behind all day long, so I almost missed the bus to work. I had to run after it like an idiot flailing my arms to get the driver's (or some compassionate passenger's) attention so they could let me on. It brought back some scary middle school memories. Uggh!

Then when I got to work, I was so frazzled by the morning's events that I wasn't paying attention to where I was walking. We have a ping pong table in our office and some students were playing, and I walked by a little too close and got whacked in the head with a ping pong paddle. I think a nice little bruise is starting to form on my nose. I have been holding this frozen water bottle to my nose all morning to help the swelling. Good thing I have that temperature control in my office---I totally cranked up the heat to make up for the frozen goods on my face.

Oh yeah, and I ripped my pants on the bus. So I have to walk around with my coat tied around my waist to cover it up. Joys. Maybe I should just go to the bookstore and buy a new skirt or something.

On a happier note, today is Caron's birthday! Hurray for Caron! I hope you have a great day!

Well, the good news is that this day can only get better....













....because it's APRIL FOOLS DAY!!!! Ha ha ha! Did I fool you? ;)

3 comments:

Cougarg said...

My first thought was, "It's April Fool's today." But then you got me to believe you for a moment. You couldn't have made all of that up, or so I thought. :P

garrett said...

I fell for it. I kept thinking, "How ironic, since it's April Fools Day. Man, what a bummer." Nice work. As soon as all my April Fools plans have reached their potential, I'll have to tell you all about them... but all in due time...

caron said...

You should have ended it with something about floating across the grand canyon on a snake or something. That would have been awesome :)

Well, I will have you know that I really did have a fantastic day. There were a few things that didn't go as planned, but I refuse to be dissapointed because all of those depended on decisions of other people. Someone wise once told me that I can't base my expectations on things out of my control or I am destined to be dissapointed. That was really long, sorry.