Friday, April 25, 2008

My brother has been saved

I hope my brother Nathan doesn't kill me for posting this, but it's hilarious! This was his latest letter from his mission in Louisiana...

Here in Lousiana there a lot of Born Again Christians and they always ask you, "When were you saved?"...expecting to hear a specific date. I would always get frustrated with them for their misunderstanding of doctrine but due to recent experiences I can answer them with boldness. I will now respond, "April 11, 2008" A couple of weeks ago we found a less active member named Alessia who is really cool, and awesome and pretty. We had already given her the branch information and the branch's hers. We visited her a couple of times and she kept getting more and more attractive and more and more distracting. Something had to be done and blessed by the name of Elder Gardner for doing what he did. We read the famous "Lock Your Heart" talk by Spencer W. Kimball that morning for companionship study. It gave me the confidence to do what needed to be done. We then called our 2nd councellor, a return missionary who went to the Dominican Republic named Tim Wood. You must know a few things about him before proceeding. He is a great guy but he's a little weird and he is "wife hunting." We told him that we had a Domincan guy that we were teaching and that we wanted him to come with us. We went and saw her with him and they hit it off suprisingly well. I was so sick the whole lesson. After a few hours a had a new spiritual awakening. I was no longer infatuated by her any more. I am now able to proceed with missionary work with a new focus, knowing that it is only a matter of time until they get married. It was Elder Gardner who envisioned it all beforehand and thus, I was saved on April 11, 2008. Adieu

I just think that is so funny! My brother rocks.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

What a hilarious letter.