Wednesday, April 02, 2008

A Golden Opportunity

Last Saturday was Matt's Golden Birthday. For those of you who are uneducated as to what a golden birthday is, let me explain. It's when you turn the age of the date your birthday is on. For example, Matt turned 29 on March 29th. Anyway, we had a wonderful day of "golden" festivities. First of all, we went for a little bike ride up Provo Canyon. There was a really neat frozen waterfall.

Then we went to Rodizio Grill for a golden birthday feast. Rodizio is Matt's favorite restaurant....and boy was it tasty! They even gave him some golden flan for dessert and sang a Happy Birthday song in Portugese--complete with bongo drums and tamborines.

Then we went bowling at the golden bowling alley. All the guests received a golden ticket to get in. Matt wore a golden crown and got a golden bowling score. It was tons of fun.

Here are some of us playing piggy back bowling. It was quite entertaining.

After bowling, we all went back to my apartment for some golden treats. We had some golden chocolate birthday cake, Golden Grahams, goldfish, and Golden Oreos. It was great! But most of all, I hope Matt enjoyed his golden birthday. Happy Birthday Matt! I love you!

5 comments:

Carolina said...

hey! You write really well! and ur blog is as interesting as ur life! :)
great going!
big hug

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

Christy,
You and Matt are too cute for words! I love seeing pictures of the two of you together - it makes me happy. :-)

Danielle said...

you guys are the cutest couple ever!!! What a fun b-day!

Heather said...

Looks like a super fun b-day! I'm just bummed I am still having to be careful with my back, I can't wait until I can come to one of your fun parties and not worry about it. :) I bet Matt LOVED his party and may I add the two of you are SOOOo Stinkin' Cute!

Jonny said...

It's nice that the person taking your restaurant photo managed to get his/her finger in the photo. That's why Jon insists on taking them all himself...whenever possible.