Saturday, November 03, 2007

Baby Christy, TMI, and the bad dream

Baby Christy. Check out this cute baby! Guess what her name is? Christy! I was so shocked when my adorable Chilean mission companion told me she was naming her baby after me. Christy isn't even a Latin name. I'm so flattered.

TMI. In my efforts to move on and meet new people, I met this guy last week through a mutual friend at this activity I was at. We talked *very* briefly that night and a couple of other times at different functions that week. Well to my surprise, he called me the other day, and as we were talking on the phone, he proceeded to tell me way too much information about himself for only having known me for a week. Anyway, it was just really weird. So my question is, although I believe in being open and honest, how much is too much?

The bad dream. Back to my Chilean mission companion. She tends to have these strange dreams that often have some sort of significance. Well, she emailed me the other day in a panic wanting to know if I was okay because she had a really scary dream about me. When I told her I was fine, she was so relieved and said she had been really worried about me because of the dream. I asked what the dream was about, and she said that I had been in a really bad car accident. Yikes! I'm a little freaked out by that, and every time I get in my car to drive somewhere, I am reminded of it. And it's even weirder because of some other things that have happened this week, and because it is November. So I really hope that her dream didn't mean anything bad.

Friends. I just wanted to say thank you to a very wonderful friend. This week has been...um....quite the challenge for me as I've had to face some not-so-pleasant trials. But I received a very encouraging letter from this great friend at just the right time. She said, "Christy, you are someone special. The Lord brings people into our lives for specific reasons, and personally I'm so grateful that you came into my life when you did. You bless many lives, and I don't think that will go unnoticed in your life."

And then she proceeded to "sing" me this: "Keep smilin', keep shinin'. Knowin' you can always count on me-ee, for sure. That's what friends are for. For good times and bad times. I'll be on your side forever more-ore. That's what friends are for."

Anyway, THANK YOU! I needed to be reminded that I am a good person, doing good things, and being a good influence for somebody out there.

No comments: