Thursday, November 22, 2007

Run for Gratitude

This morning, Caron, Garrett, Bekah, Emma, Rachael and I participated in the Draper City Run for Gratitude 5K. It was so much fun. It was Emma and Rachael's first 5K ever, and they all did so awesome. I think I'm going to make this a yearly tradition. All the proceeds from the race went to the Utah Food Bank and LDS Humanitarian Services. Anyway, it was really fun. And really cold. But I reached my goal of running the entire way without stopping to walk. Yay!

I am so thankful for all the wonderful blessings in my life. I'm thankful for family, friends, my health, heaters, fleece, my bed, the sunshine, the beautiful world in which I live, technology, a good mind, my church leaders, and most of all...a loving Heavenly Father who has a plan for me that all has to do with happiness. I'm so grateful for the atonement of my Savior that gives me the opportunity to have a second (and third and zillioneth) chance when I mess up, and to give me strength and comfort when I'm struggling. I don't know what I'd do without that knowledge.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Mike ran that too! He said he saw you there. Maybe next year I'll be running it too! :)

garrett said...

Happy Thanksgiving! That was fun. And as an addendum to your post, this was not my first 5K. I did the race for the cure 2 years ago in Salt Lake City. ;)

Christy said...

oops! sorry garrett...i must have been misinformed. :) well, good job.