Tuesday, November 20, 2007

From the road

Hello from Seattle! We are up here for my cousin's mission farewell and we decided to stay an extra couple of days and see the sights.We went to Pike Street yesterday in downtown Seattle. We made friends with the fish-throwing boy and he made us go stand by the fish counter and he promised us a great picture opportunity. Then he threw the huge fish right over our heads! Then he threw a fake fish at me and I thought it was a real fish and so I let out a big squeal. Of course he waited to do it until there was a huge audience so everyone laughed at me. It really was quite funny. Gotta love the fish throwers at Pike Street Fish Market.

And of course we had to go to my favorite place in Seattle...Ye Olde Curiosity Shoppe. It's only the coolest place there. They have the most crazy stuff there, like mummies and Siamese dogs and jumping beans and just a bunch of funny stuff. I love it!


Here we are sporting some of the crazy hats.

And they have all these funny games you can play. Here we are playing on the Love Tester. According to the Love Tester, I am "Hot Stuff". Laurie was "Poor Fish, Try Again". She was so sad!


It was so funny. They also have these old movies you can watch, a fortune teller, this old cowboy slot machine, a vampire killer thing. I love that place!

And I swear I have gained 10 pounds already on this trip. It seems like all we have done is eat. Here we are eating some most delicious clam chowder on the pier. Mmmm...

We also went to the aquarium, the original Starbucks, and we've sat around and eaten lots of yummy food at my Auntie Tracey's. She is the best cook ever. She made us ribs and cheesy potatoes for dinner one night and lasanga and breadsticks one night and cinnamon twists this morning. Yum! More to come later....

4 comments:

garrett said...

Sounds like you're having lots of fun! This is pretty much the week of eating, so have a great time! The "chowda" looks good (you gotta say chowda if it's not canned :-) ).

Looking forward to more Washington posts!

Danielle said...

Ooooh, I'm so jealous! I've only been to Seattle once, but I absolutely LOVED IT!!!! I think it is my favorite vacations spot to this point in my life. Have fun...I love the pics.

Heather said...

Looks like fun...I've only been up there twice, but it was always fun! I never really got to shop around though...we did amusement parks, the Spaceneedle etc. Have much more fun!!!

Joella said...

I can't believe that you are in Washington! I live in Washington now! If I had known I we could have gotten together...too bad I am going out of town for Thanksgiving. Well, have as much fun as ever in my new state!