Sunday, November 25, 2007

BYU 17, UTAH 10

I just wanted to say...what a sweet, sweet victory! GO COUGARS! (I tried to take a picture of the scoreboard with my phone, but it didn't turn out very well, so you get to see all the commotion on the field after the game.) I almost didn't make it to the game due to the fact that someone stole my tickets! From my pocket somewhere between the car and the stadium. Can you believe that? But luckily some blessed man had pity on us and let us in. Anyway, it was a fun game even though neither team scored a touchdown until the last 2 minutes of the game.

Also yesterday I had the opportunity to go to Handel's Messiah sing-in at the Utah Symphony. It was fantastic. I'd never seen a performance of the Messiah before and I thouroughly enjoyed it. I think I just may have to make that an annual tradition from now on.

I did manage to steal Matt's camera at the game and take a picture of the scoreboard. He said he was going to delete "that terrible picture" from his camera, but he turned out to be a nice boy and sent me a copy of the glorious photo. Thanks Matt!

8 comments:

caron said...

Maybe I shouldn't admit this is a public setting, but I slept all the way through that game. It just doesn't get my blood boiling like it does some of you.
And I second the Messiah Sing in. It has been a part of our family tradition for many many years and I still very much enjoy it. If only your brilliant idea had clicked sooner.... oh well. Next time, right?
By the way, Garrett, that is code for something else that you are not going to find out about. Ever.

rebekah said...

I was in a restaurant in Midway and had completely forgotten about the game until there was wild screaming coming from the back room. Our waitress was kind enough to tell us that Utah was ahead with 60 seconds on the clock (is that right?) and thirty seconds later when there was another scream from the back, she came to tell us that BYU had won. But like Caron, the game didn't get me all that excited--as evidenced by the fact I'd forgotten all about it! I'm glad that you had fun and were able to get into the game even though someone stole your tickets! It's so awful someone would do that.

Cougarg said...

Oh Caron! You and your codes! Anyway, the Messiah Sing-in was fun, I'm glad you asked me to go.

Christy said...

I am glad you came too...it was fun!

And Caron, don't worry, I still have plenty of brilliant ideas up my sleevies. :)

caron said...

SLEEVIES! It doesn't get any better than that.

garrett said...

Heaven's sake... conversation after conversation and blog after blog be rittled with code?! Can't we all just say what we think? Like this: I wanted the Utes to win, mostly because I don't like BYU and their honor code.

Glad you got to actually go see the game! Being pick pocketed sucks. And teh Messiah was really fun. I didn't expect it to be what it was. It definately is a new way to enjoy the music!

Heather said...

AWESOME GAME, GO COUGS! I'm so glad that that nice man let you in. I can't believe that someone would steal tickets...well maybe I can but it's sad.
That's cool about the Messiah sing too, how fun!

Danielle said...

Sweet game huh? That is cool that you got to go to it!
By the way, I tag you! Go to my blog for the details. :)