Monday, September 17, 2007

Living in luxury

I can now say that summer is officially over because I have completed the last of my summer staples...the demolition derby! We had to venture out of the valley to Logan because we missed all the local derbys. But I'm glad we did, this was one of the better derbys I've been to. There were several cars that went over the barrier, one car that completely flipped over, and an entire heat of solely pickup trucks! No fires though. Or marriage proposals.

I did have quite the luxurious trip in Garrett's luxury car. And having curbside assistance at all times with my door. And having a personal ticket broker at a phone call away. And eating the meal of the luxurious. Who would have thought that going to such a redneck event would be so luxurious?

Caron insisted that we dine at the Bluebird Cafe in Logan before the derby. Over the years, I've heard all about the Bluebird Cafe and how it's the optimal location for drowning your sorrows in an Ironport, so of course I had to try it. And it was the debut of my "I Melt For Iceberg" T-shirt. Good times.


P.S. You've still got a few more days to put in your guess at how long it will take me to finish my triathlon. Let me know, cuz the closest guesser will win a prize!

3 comments:

garrett said...

Living in luxury indeed! Don't forget that there were heal clicks! And I agree, this was a top notch derby, even if no one got to eat scooby snacks...

caron said...

C'mon, it was good. And you felt much better after drowning your sorrows.

That marriage proposal was funny, though, huh?

Jonny said...

I miss those days. I'll have to find some around here. There's definitely the demographic for it here. :)