Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Fill up on fun

We filled up on fun at the Utah State Fair this past weekend! Even though my new friend Phillip (the state fair mascot) did not come, I still had a blast. We went to the rodeo, ate some food on a stick, rode the big yellow slide, ate lots of ice cream,

saw some ribbon-winning produce, did some heel clicks down the produce aisle in our western wear (because everything is more fun if you dress for the occasion),

walked through the prized livestock exhibits (goats and sheep and cows, oh my!), saw some local wildlife,

witnessed the only Wild Turkey Stampede in the world,

of course we had to see the annual butter cow and cast a vote for next year's butter cow. We always vote for the cow jumping over Delicate Arch. What says Utah more than Delicate Arch and cows? We did not, however, find the mini donut man this year. :(

We also saw the photography and home arts exhibit, which was extra cool because some of my friends had sumbitted photographs and quilts to the fair. It was lots of fun to see their work and also have them tell me about how things are judged. Congrats to them!

Oh how I do love the fair! I'm still just waiting for my cowboy to come and take me away.

3 comments:

garrett said...

Heel clicks seem to be an essential part of any activity involving Christy Shepherd. I'm sad I missed out, because it looks like lots o' fun! The talking corn dog eating a talking cotton candy creeps me out though...

caron said...

Okay, this is totally off the subject, but thank you for providing yet another set of motivational pictures for me to adjust my eating habits.

However, I have to say that was the best corn dog I have had in years. Please note it was on a stick. I was a fan of the whole experience. Too bad you didn't get good pictures of the rodeo... I still need to download.

PS, I second the heel clicks. How else can one outwardly express thier happiness of being at the fair?

Christy said...

Garrett, I will be sure to do some heel clicks at the derby this weekend for you. :) Come dressed in your best white trash attire! As I always say, dressing for the occasion and doing heel clicks always makes things much more enjoyable.