Friday, September 07, 2007

Isn't it ironic?

I was reading the other day on Erika’s blog about how iPods are not allowed in her upcoming local half marathon. I made some funny comment about how running without an iPod is like having a peanut butter sandwich with no jelly. Because seriously, my iPod is my greatest running companion. Can’t run without it.

Well, I just got the rules for my upcoming triathlon and guess what? NO iPODS ALLOWED! How will I ever survive? I think I will just have to invite everyone in St. George to come line the streets prepared with their battery-powered stereos set to a nice long playlist of peppy tunes.

Sans musica? Just shoot me now.

P.S. I’m conducting another contest. My triathlon is on September 22. The person who guesses closest to my actual finishing time will win a prize. (However, I will have to come up with another prize since I obviously can’t send you a CD of my triathlon music mix.) HINTS 1) Distance: Swim=800 yards. Bike=13 miles. Run=3.1 miles. 2) It will probably take me more than one hour, but less than three. 3) Add 5 minutes to your original guess due to the music deficit. Let the guessing begin! Leave your guess in the comment section.

6 comments:

caron said...

Oh the tragedy! I'm so sad.

Melissa said...

Shoot the event organizer.

Anonymous said...

Sorry: Here is my guess. 1:43:59

Leslie

Jared said...

Ummm... 2:00:00

garrett said...

Mine's 1:25:18.

Best of luck!!!

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

Hmmmmm, another Leslie. I promise, the other one is not me. It's an imposter. But my guess was originally going to be 2:43, but that seems a little long compared to everyone else, so I'm going to go with 2:23:47 i think sounds good. By the way, sorry about no music. If I could come with a stereo I would, but alas, San Jorge is too far for us right now, plus, we are going camping this weekend. Good Luck though!!