Thursday, July 05, 2007

Let freedom ring!

I hope everyone had a fantastic 4th of July. I'm so grateful to live in a free country. After living in Argentina for a year and a half, it really makes you appreciate the little things. Like...I am glad I can name my children whatever I want to and that I don't have to choose a name from a government book. I'm grateful that the opportunities I have in my life are abundant. I'm grateful to have choices. I'm grateful to live in a nation that was founded on the basis of religious freedom. I'm grateful to have the opportunity to attain whatever goals I set my mind to. God bless the USA!

And I'm grateful that I was able to spend the holiday with my family at our cabin. I'm grateful that my grandpa built it for us and taught us the importance of family. Here's Allison and I in our cozy bed we made out on the deck of the cabin. Despite the bats, we had a very enjoyable night out under the stars. Allison was laughing in her sleep all night long...it was hilarious!
We found the coolest 4-wheeling trail, and I only got stuck once. We also went shooting and hiking and sat around and ate lots of good food.

And it's not a trip to the cabin without a turn on the old rope swing. That thing has been around since before I can remember! And it still holds me!

We came home and ended the night with some rodeo festivities and fireworks. Anne has decided she is going to marry a cowboy. Does anyone know one for her? We tried to flirt with some of them at the rodeo, but we didn't have much luck. We'll have to try again at the Spanish Fork one in a few weeks.

I'm just still waiting for my cowboy to come and take me away.

1 comment:

caron said...

I am saddened by the lack of cowboy hats in that picture, but I guess it can be made up later. :) It looks like a lot of fun!