Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Boca en mi corazon, viejita

So last night we witnessed pretty much the coolest soccer game in all of Utah history. BOCA Jrs. from Argentina came and played against Real. Now after hearing about Boca pretty much every single day for a year and a half, it was one of my life-long dreams to actually see them play. And it came true! Who would have thought it would happen right here in Salt Lake!

When I went back to visit my mission, the Perretti family was convinced that my brother, Nathan was Martin Palermo's twin. Palermo is #9 on Boca and here he is after a most amazing play where he jumped like 12 feet in the air. The Perrettis convinced Nathan to be a fan and even gave him a poster of Palermo and taught him the Boca cheer.

Rimando. Rimando. Rimando. Why is it so much more fun to go to events with people who really get into things? I love it!

When I first got to Argentina, everyone tried to "convert" me to be a fan of their soccer team. There are two major rivals--Boca and River. I chose Boca and got this cool jersey from one of the elders. It's about 18 sizes too large, but of course I had to wear it.

Does anyone know anything about the drum tradition at soccer games? Just wondering. Aguante Boca!

No comments: