Sunday, July 15, 2007

Fires and showers

This weekend we had a fantastic ward activity up Millcreek Canyon. I just love being up in the mountains, and I'm so glad that I live so close to them to be able to enjoy them.

Bekah and Abby got a hold of my camera! I didn't even know they did this. They are so funny!

We played some fun charades games. Props to Bekah for getting everyone to participate. It's so much more fun when people come out of their walls that they put up to surround themselves.

Also this week, we had a bridal shower for my roommate, Kristen. She moved out last week. :( I feel like Kristen and I were destined to be friends. We have so many connections that we keep discovering. The craziest one is that one of my mission companions was Kristen's roommate at BYU and one of Kristen's mission companions was my roommate in Georgia. Crazy! Anyway, when I decided to move in with Kristen, I didn't even know her at all, but I really felt like moving in with her was exactly where I was supposed to be at the time. I'm so thankful for everything I've learned from her and the opportunity I've had to be her roommate these past 8 months. Here's a little photo collage that I made for the shower of Kristen and her fiancee, Shawn. Aren't they cute?

Anyway, we had a great time at the shower. Everyone made a page in a recipe album that turned out pretty cute.

Our Relief Society presidency discovered a new use for rub-ons and they all gave each other rub-on tattoos! They crack me up!


I also spent much of the weekend cleaning out my Dad's garage. There was so much junk in there! There was probably stuff in there that has been there since we moved in 17 years ago. I hauled off 2 truckloads of junk, plus filled up 2 big garbage cans! This is one good thing about moving around a lot--you don't accummulate so much stuff.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved the shower so much! You have been such a fantastic roommate and I miss seeing your smiling face every day. I too believe that we were destined to be friends! You're the best!

caron said...

Can I just say that I LOVE these fabulous people in our ward? I can't believe I had such hesitation when I first moved in. Of course, things have changed in the last 2 years.... :)