Sunday, July 22, 2007

Christenson for life

We had another fantastic weekend at the cabin. Why is there something about a fire that makes you want to share your hopes and dreams? We did follow cabin tradition and take the color code test. I am still blue. We had 2 successful games of Settlers, one crazy game of Nertz, a very entertaining game of signs, and an unsuccessful fishing trip by McKay. Oh, and how could I forget steam rolling? We unfortunatley did not watch Barbie Swan Lake however.

We brushed up on our dutch oven cooking skills and even made a peace offering for the Christensons. I think I could quite possibly say that it was the most amazing pineapple upside down cake I've ever had in my life. And my potato experiment turned out quite nicely. It's a good thing potatoes aren't made of flour...it might not have worked as well.

Gotta love cabin food! It's the best! We had the most amazing dutch oven chicken and potato dinner and an equally delightful French toast breakfast. And Garrett's burgers were completely divine. Thanks to all the cooks! And to Jenny for the travel treats. I don't think we could have made it through Anne's inherited Fairview house without the travel treats. It was all Sabrina could do to keep from screaming at the grasshoppers.

And of course we had to joy ride on the four wheelers. After all, why have a car (or a 4-wheeler) if you don't drive it? Unless it breaks down of course and a toothless man has to help you start it up again. We slept out under the stars on the deck again. Don't worry, no one fell off. Probably because we did not steamroll on the deck. Although no one signed a waiver for that so maybe it would have been OK. I am happy to report that no heirs or representatives were injured.

All in all it was a fantastic weekend. ...I love the mountains, I love the daffodils. I love the flowers, I love the rolling hills... Everyone...

4 comments:

caron said...

I have never seen so many embedded inside jokes in one blog. I thoroughly enjoyed them all. Thanks for the hosting of the party, I would vote for wildly successful. I now have a dream of having a fire pit above a railingless deck 15 feet in the air. And thank heaven I didn't roll off!

Jonny said...

I'm so happy we're moving to a place with mountains again. I didn't care for the ocean even though most people were in LOVE with it. I just think it's stinky.

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

i read your comments first. i have to agree with nat. the ocean is stinky. i miss the mountains. being in provo the past two weekends was good and bad. good because i'm glad i'm not in college anymore. bad because i miss the mountains. what i really wanted to say was that i wish i could have played settlers, and i love dutch oven. at carl's family reunion we had a dutch oven cook-off and i won most unique (with the prize of a spoonula) by making terriyaki chicken wings. yummy!

Christy said...

Leslie, when you come here next time, call me and we'll play Settlers!