Thursday, January 17, 2008

Drinkredpunch.com

Those of you who know me well have most likely heard my schpeil about how to be "approachable" at social events. Basically it consists of 3 rules. 1) Wear items of clothing or carry props that invite conversation. 2) Wear items of clothing that invite touch. 3) Be holding a beverage (preferably a red beverage rather than a clear one) .

Well, a few days ago at lunch I was educating a few of my coworkers about how they could become more approachable. So yesterday they all came up to my desk wearing items of clothing that invite conversation and touch and each of them was holding a cup of red punch. They nonchalantly said hello and just started chit chatting away with me. Until I realized what was happening and then I was rolling on the floor laughing. They proceeded to give me my very own little packet of red Kool-Aid powder so I could be sure to make my own red punch at every event--even if it wasn't readily available.

We then decided maybe we should start an Internet service informing others about these very important matters of social ettiquette. The site will be called http://www.drinkredpunch.com/. Look forward to extremely useful information about your own approachability coming soon.

5 comments:

caron said...

that. is. awesome. I wish the people I work with were fun like that. No one here even dresses up for Halloween!
And I am looking forward to the website.

Danielle said...

That is funny! What I'm wondering though, is where did you get that adorable outfit? So cute!
See, your outfit has already opened the door for conversations!

Jonny said...

I went with Brittany to Nauvoo...and she's wearing her sweatshirt in the picture! How's that for a conversation starter?

Christy said...

What? That is awesome! I'll have to go talk to her about it.

Anonymous said...

Hey-you actually posted that picture! Christy! Oh well, it's offical now-the Drink Red Punch Club. I'm so happy to be one of the first, very proud members. And yes, I am checking your blog while I'm at work-don't tell! -Liesl