Sunday, June 03, 2007

Swim. Bike. Run

Yesterday I went and watched the Salem Triathlon. My dad and Scott both finished the race! Way to go! Scott got lost on the bike portion though and lost some serious time. Oh well. I also saw Craig there. It made me want to do a triathlon. I'm thinking the first weekend of August if I can learn to swim by then. They said the swim was the hardest part. It was fun to watch though...it was the first race I've watched instead of participated in. Well, besides the track meets at BYU. But that was before I was into running and stuff so its much more exciting now.

After the race, it was time for our annual Provo River Trail bike ride. We had a couple of mishaps like when Caron almost crashed into me because her front brakes were undone and her tire almost blew. But we successfully made it all the way to the end of the trail.

It was my new bike's christening journey on the river trail, and she did quite well. Much better performance than my old bike. Well, maybe that has something to do with the fact that I am in better shape now too. :)

I LOVE Provo Canyon. It's so gorgeous!

2 comments:

caron said...

Yes, undoing my front breaks wasn't the most brilliant of ideas I've had in my time. At least I almost crashed into you instead of those underground tunnels.

Christy said...

Well at least we had way less mishaps than our last attempt down the trail. And...no broken bones! (Darn those underpasses)