Monday, June 18, 2007

Stays in Mexico

So the 2007 Shepherd family vacation was a wild success. We started by driving down to Long Beach. We had to stop in Vegas on the way to pick up Scott, who was at the cadaver festival. (Sick!) Anyway, he wasn't quite finished when we got there, so we went to go see the cool fountain show at the Bellagio. Then we got to Long Beach and went to the Cheesecake factory for dinner. Mmmm. I got the most amazing cheesecake with Happy Birthday written in chocolate on the plate. It was most delicious. Then we went to church in the morning and got on the boat. The first day it was kind of cold and windy, so we went to tea in the cherub room.


I love herbal tea, but everyone else hated it. And the scrumpets were tasty except for the raw salmon ones. Bleh...

Gotta love those towel animals! And the free bathrobes and room service.

Ahhh...the sunshine! That was my favorite part of the vacation was being out in the sun. Me, Allison and Laurie had a contest to see who could get the best tan. They just got extremely burnt so I won! They refused to wear sunscreen. Laurie brought 7 1/2 bathing suits! Why would you ever need that many swimsuits? She wore about 5 of them. I don't understand why people like to parade around practically naked in bikinis. We tried to convince Laurie of that, but she wouldn't hear of it. It was so fun hanging out with my sisters...I haven't gotten to do that for awhile.

Check out these cool sand sculptures in Puerta Vallarta!

They had all these crazy sculptures along the boardwalk. And some stunt people swinging from a really high pole.

We can't go to Mexico without going to Senor Frogs and getting the yard. Mazatlan was where the original Senor Frogs began. And they had the most amazing chicken quesadilla I've ever had.

I went parasailing! It was so cool! That is me up there! And we went horseback riding on the beach.

Allison got sick and slept all day. And Kyle just stayed in his room and ordered chocolate milk by the gallon from room service and played Nintendo. He did emerge once to go and play shuffleboard.
And what would a Shepherd family get together be without Trivial Pursuit and Disney songs? We saw some dolphins jumping around in the water and we went snorkeling and kayaking. It was way fun. I haven't been able to spend a week like that with my family in a long time. It was really nice hanging out with them without them being on their phones all day. I'm glad we were able to go and all have a good time together. Oh, and I have a fun video to post as soon as I get it edited. Anyway, now it's back to reality. Yick...so not looking forward to reality. And this is my last day of being 26. Only one more year until I have to say I'm in my upper 20s. Well, to quote one of my favorite movies...I have a few more years until I can say I'm "thirty, flirty, and thriving."

3 comments:

caron said...

Welcome back, and Happy Birthday!

Jonny said...

Sorry this is late...I haven't had the internet the last couple of days because of our move. Can I just say that vacation sounds perfect and you look fabulous!

Jonny said...

After that long explanation I forgot to say Happy Birthday!