Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Jumped on the IKEA bandwagon

Yesterday my boss announces that we should have our team meeting at IKEA. Now, the IKEA buzz has been quite prevalent at my office ever since it started being built since it’s right across the street from our building. Anyway, she decided we needed some “creative inspiration” and some Swedish food, so off to IKEA we went. (I will admit that there are some great perks to my job!)

I’ve been to IKEA once before, and I must admit that it is pretty darn cool. (But not worth camping out on opening day for like these crazy people.) Anyway, we were there for 2 ½ hours and only made it through about half of the store. Seeing all the cool stuff gave me tons of fun ideas…I love it when I get inspired again after a creative drought. And I love that everything is sooo reasonably priced.

And of course I had to experience the Swedish meatballs. Pretty good stuff—but not nearly as good as this…

Swedish Daim chocolate cake. Mmmmm…. Oh, and I went to Coldstone the other day, and while they did not have the oatmeal cookie flavor that I thought was coming back, they had a new Cinnamon Roll flavor that was pretty tasty. OK, so enough about treats.

Last weekend, I went to one of those laser shows at the Planetarium and as we were walking out, there were a bunch of planetarium employees on the corner with this huge telescope. I asked them what they were looking at, and they said they were looking at Jupiter and some of its moons. So we asked if we could look, and it was pretty cool. It’s pretty incredible when you can actually look at stuff like that. What an amazing universe we live in!


Over the past few weeks, I’ve had several learning experiences. Don’t you just LOVE those? Ha! Anyway, as I’ve spent time with different people in different situations, I have come to realize what I really want in life—and it’s still what I’ve ultimately wanted all along, but I realized that some of the other things that I thought I wanted aren’t worth holding onto if they interfere with what I really do want. I’ve realized that I just can’t do or have it all—and that’s OK. Maybe I do have to give up some of those things that don’t really matter in the long run in order to facilitate the things that really are important. And maybe I had what I really wanted all along…I just have a hard time recognizing that until it’s gone.

But I guess that’s what life is all about, right? Learning and growing and improving based on what you learn. So here’s to growth!

3 comments:

Jared said...

So did you eat some swedish food? I wasn't too sure...

Christy said...

Jared! I miss you! When are you coming back to SLC?

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

I love ikea. We went last time we were in Utah, around the beginning of June. It was my first time. Anyways, we almost went crazy with buying stuff, we ended up walking out with around $30 worth of stuff. We got one of those wire and bead toys for Abigail, a kids stool, a wok and some other stuff. Yeah, great, cheap stuff. I love it. We will be back in Utah soon. I think we are going to return our bendable cutting boards. They didn't hold up to our knives too well.