Friday, February 02, 2007

Too good to be true?

Can it really be? Mr. Phil Groundhog did NOT see his shadow today, and we all know what that means. AN EARLY SPRING!!!!! I'm so elated I can hardly contain myself. No more of this extreme bitter figidness...Hallelujah! I will be basking once again in the sun soon enough. Happy Groundhog Day to all, and I hope that someday I will be able to join in the festivities in Pennsylvania. Watch Phil's prediction direct from Punxatawney here.

However, with spring quickly approaching, that leaves me with only 10 weeks to finish training for my half marathon, which is in April. I'm definately getting better, but I'm nowhere near up to 13 miles. I was quite proud of myself though for running a total of 40 miles in the month of January. Time to pound the pavement extra hard this month.

And last but not least, I would like to report that I am now an official adult. I have purchased a vacuum. My first large cleaning appliance purchase...it's practically a Kodak moment.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know a pretty good photographer if you needed to capture that special moment :)

Melissa said...

Hey, are you going to run the SL half? I'm training for that one. How fun if we're there together.

Hooray for groundhogs.

Christy said...

Melissa! My long lost friend and running inspiration! How are you? Yes, Rebecca and I are both planning to do the SLC half marathon. See you there!

caron said...

I'll come to cheer all y'all on-- after I do the 5 K. Good job, girls! I am so proud ! (sniff!)

Melissa said...

Excelente.

That's Spanish for "excellent."