Thursday, January 25, 2007

Don't rock the boat

So, can I just say how much I love warmth and sunshine? It was so fabulous to not be cold for 10 days. The trip to the Caribbean was a complete blast, and I loved every minute of it. Mostly I just loved being warm and out in the sun, and lounging about in a lounge chair. That is one of my most favorite pastimes....just enjoying the sunshine. If I ever do a cruise again though, it will definatley be a singles cruise or after I get married. Too many couples!

So we started off the trip by flying to San Juan, Puerto Rico where we went to some cool forts built in the 1500s, walked around Old San Juan where we discovered the birthplace of the pina colada, a cool street fair with a live band and dancing, adorable neighborhoods with brightly colored buildings and old brick roads, and just enjoyed being near the ocean. We also stayed a couple more days in San Juan after the cruise and we went to El Yunque, which is a very cool rainforest. We went to church both weeks in a fun little Spanish ward. It was cool to go to church in Spanish again! We also went to the beach, of course! We stayed with Caron's friend from college, Celia, who showed us all kinds of neat stuff.
Then we boarded our home for the next 7 days, the luxurious Adventure of the Seas. That thing was huge! They had a jogging track, a spa, a gym, a rock climbing wall, miniature golf, an ice skating rink, 3 pools, multiple hot tubs, a few nightclubs, a ton of lounges and bars, a million restaurants with more food than you could ever imagine, rows and rows of lounge chairs under the sun, a library....I could go on and on. And, we got waited on hand and foot. Our maid even made us little animals out of our towels each day and left us chocolates on our pillows. Ahhh....the life.




The first night on the boat was kinda rocky, but the rest of the week we were totally fine with the movement of the boat. It's getting off the boat that's killing me! I don't know if I'm going through Dramamine withdrawls or what, but I can hardly walk straight, and every time I stand up I feel like I'm going to fall over. It's been almost a week since we got off the boat...I hope this doesn't last much longer.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Christy - I LOVE all the pics of you and Caron. I'm so glad that you had such a great time! You're the best.
Kristen

Melissa said...

That looks gorgeous. You're a traveling fool.