Wednesday, February 14, 2007

El Dia de Amor

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! I love this holiday. OK, well I love all holidays, but this one is pretty fun. I mean when else can I get away with wearing things like this... OK, let's be honest. You will probably see me wearing this shirt and the shoes year round, but it's extra fun to wear them on Feb. 14. Over the years, I've learned that Valentine's Day can be just as fun even if you don't have a special someone to celebrate with. I just love celebrating all the wonderful people in my life. Some of my favorite memories are the S.A.D. parties Teri and I used to have in college on Valentine's Day. Our slogan was, 'You can't come with a date, but you just might leave with one!'. We'd even have poetry readings and a killer game of UNO. We had requests months in advance for this annual event.

This year, I had the opportunity to have a different sort of Valentine's Day than I've had in the past. I got surprised at work with a gorgeous bouquet of flowers. That's the first time I've ever gotten flowers brought to my work. And, since my favorite flowers are plumerias, and they are nowhere to be found here in Utah, (or anywhere that ships them to Utah) I was also surprised with a "bouquet" of plumeria-scented lotions. Someone has learned that the way to win me over is by doing things a little bit 'out of the ordinary'. :)

So, this is my 2007 valentine. Everyone, meet Darin. And Nate, the answer to your question is yes. Happy Heart Day! Just so everyone is aware, the upcoming holidays that need to be celebrated are: Fat Tuesday, Chinese New Year, Curling is Cool Day, Dr. Seuss' birthday, and of course--St. Patrick's Day.

2 comments:

caron said...

Why hello Darin, welcome. Perhaps you can start leaving your name on your comments now that you've gone public :)
PS, Christy. Way to be kicking rear with that mileage log. It has vastly improved since the last time I checked it out.

Melissa said...

What an eventful Valentine's Day. I'm quite pleased. You do know how to celebrate a holiday right.