Monday, July 14, 2008

Tri tri again

On Saturday, Matt and I completed the Echo Triathlon. None of the events got canceled and neither of us got injured. Hurray! I didn't do so hot, but I had a lot of fun. We decided to do the sprint distance instead of the olympic since we haven't had much time to devote to our training because of wedding planning and such. But before you think we are pansies, the sprint distance is still pretty intense...it's a 1/2 mile swim, 12 mile bike, and a 3 mile run. Matt did awesome and got an overall time of about 1:35, with a 17 minute swim. Sweet! I pretty much sucked, but at least I finished all in one piece. And we had a lot of fun, which is really all that matters.

The course was awesome! I loved it! I think it's my favorite out of all the races we have done. I am so lucky to have such a great fiance who likes to do this kind of stuff with me. :)

Last week, I had to go to a conference in Park City for work. There was a Cannondale bike conference going on at the same time. So on Thursday night, Matt came up to Park City to hang out and we went and saw all the new bikes. We even got to "test drive" some. I test drove a sweet road bike and now I want a road bike really bad. It makes such a difference.

Matt was in heaven being surrounded by all the bike stuff and bike people. It was a lot of fun. Oh yeah, and I saw Elder Nelson at the temple last week. He smiled at me and shook my hand and said hello. Two apostle sightings in one week! Lucky me!







3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Way to go! That's awesome you got to do it together. Blake says he wants to, but I'll believe it when he starts training. But I'll show him this and hopefully it will inspire him some more.
Have you been using a mountain bike?

Christy said...

Hey Cheryl,
I use a hybrid bike. But I have decided I really want a road bike. It really does make a big difference. And tell Blake that he can do it! And tell him that it's awesome!

Danielle said...

That is great! I wish I was that ambitious. What an awesome fiance you have! Can't wait to see you at your weddin'