Sunday, July 20, 2008

Showers

This has been the week of bridal showers. Fun stuff! My dear friend Caron threw me a bridal shower pool party. We decided that we just wanted to have a fun party instead of a lame shower, so we had a pool party/BBQ. It was tons of fun. We made kabobs and had a grand time swimming in the Margetts' pool.

Bekah was not there so the synchronized swimming did not happen, but we did discover that it is much easier to do chin-ups on a diving board than on those chin-up bars in the high school gym.

I got lots of fun gifts. Thanks everyone!

One of the funniest gifts I received was from Sarah Ann. She said that a new home needs to have lots of pictures, so she gave me a lovely one to start with. It's Sarah Ann and her brothers. I about fell in the pool laughing! I also received a very funny gift from Emma, but I will need to refrain from posting a picture of it on this G-rated blog.



We also discovered that some of our friends have some hidden talents. Here is Jill demonstrating her newfound talent.

My grandma and aunts also threw me a shower this week. It was a lot of fun. Here is one of the games we played. There were a bunch of candy bars in the middle of the floor and you had to guess which candy bar went with which word on the poster.

I also got lots of fun gifts at this shower. My favorite was a quilt from my grandma and aunts. My grandma makes a quilt for all her grandkids when they get married, and she decided this one would be perfect for Matt and me.
It is a reversible BYU/Utah quilt!!! How funny is that? I love it! Now the only problem is that we may have a disagreement on which side to put facing up. Hee hee! What a fun week!

2 comments:

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

For the quilt, just decide which color goes best with your decor, then make sure your decor has blue as a dominant color, and any other color has to clash with red. Five days left!?!? Holy cow. Hope it all goes well.

Kristen Brady said...

To echo a wise friend, "I hear ya!"