Monday, June 30, 2008

Walking and Olympians

At my work, we have these health challenges every two months. For the past two months our challenge was to walk at least 8,000 steps per day. I am proud to report that during the months of May and June I walked a total of 622,479 steps, which averages out to be a little over 10,000 steps per day. Yay for me!



Our next health challenge for the months of July and August is to win the Olympic gold medal. As of July 7, I will officially be an Olympian going for the gold! There are 6 different events--I will be in the biathlon event, which consists of running and swimming. In order to win the gold medal, I have to run a total 60 miles and swim 12,000 yards by the end of August. That averages out to be about 1500 yards of swimming and 7.5 miles of running per week. I can totally do that! Let the games begin!

1 comment:

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

Just get as much done now as possible. Something tells me that once the wedding comes things will be much busier. Good Luck. Go for the GOLD!!!