Thursday, June 19, 2008

It's my birthday...shout hurray!

My birthday celebration started 19 days ago on June 1 and will continue for 11 more days until June 30. Why celebrate just on your birthday when you can celebrate the whole month? Anyway, on June 1 in honor of the first day of my birthday month we had Chinese fondue in China at Greg and Rinda's house.

This is the fondue birthday cake creation that Rinda made for me. It was delicious. :) We enjoyed some Chinese fondue and I got sung to in 4 1/2 languages. Chinese, English, Spanish, Pig Latin and Double Dutch. (Caron only made it through about half of the song in Double Dutch before we started laughing too hard for her to finish, so that is why it was only 4 1/2.)

Then last Saturday, my friends and I headed up to East Canyon for a birthday campfire. It was also Ryan's birthday so we made sure to light a marshmallow on fire for him to blow out. We had birthday tin foil dinners and birthday smores. We had a lovely time. (Well, except for when Bekah's car got rear ended on the way up and we had to assess the damages and talk to the cops.)
Matt did a great job of making our tin foil dinners (they were sooo yummy!) and getting everything together for the campfire adventure. It was so much fun!

Then this morning I woke up early to go for a lovely morning run and found this fun little surprize from my cute roommate, Rachael. I especially love the music card!

Oh yeah, and my sister sent me a text at 12:01 a.m. that said, "Fried Chicken, Country Hog, It's your birthday...HOT DOG!" This is reminicent of our favorite Seattle restaurant...Jimmy Mac's. Whenever we go to Seattle we ALWAYS go there and if the waiters are singing to someone, we all (meaning all my cousins and a few aunts and uncles) stand up and clap and sing with the waiters. Even if we don't know the person whose birthday it is...it is great fun. We even went there for my cousin's wedding dinner and sang the same song. Hee hee!

When I got to work, I found this delicious piece of chocolate cake on my desk from my boss. Then one of my students came and gave me a bag of chocolate-covered cinnamon bears. Have you ever had those? They are divine. And I don't even like normal cinnamon bears, but these ones are so good. And he gave me a card that said, "It's good if you have another birthday because that means you're not dead yet." Ha ha! Another one of my students gave me some more cake. They are so cute!

My grandma, great-grandma, some aunties, and some cousins came to take me to lunch at the Brick Oven.

And cute little Lily Bug came to give me some birthday wishes.

When I came back from lunch these flowers were waiting for me in my office. Thank you Matt! I'm not sure what kind they are but mmmm....they smell good.

Then after work Matt took me on a birthday picnic and then up to Park City to ride the Alpine Slide. It was so much fun! I haven't done that in years!

I lost miserably in the race down the hill, but that was OK.

We had a great view of the sunset as we started down the mountain. Anyway, it was a great birthday and thanks to everyone who helped make it a special day. Here's to a great year of being 28!

6 comments:

Melissa D said...

Hurray it is your birthday! Have a great day! And hurray for the Jimmy Mac's song! I love that place!

Anonymous said...

Happy, happy Birthday! Looks like you're having fun already! yay!

The Graham Family! said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Sorry.. we almost missed it.. but we still have 11 minutes to spare!! Hope you had a good one! That picture of you and Lily is ADORABLE!!

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

Looks like you've been having fun. The flowers from Matt are gorgeous. I think they might be an orchid of some sorts, or maybe lady's slipper. I recognize them, but can't come up with what they are. As for the chocolate covered cinnamon bears, I have to second that. I love those things. BYU is the only place I have been able to find them. Along with Earnestly chocolate ice cream. Nobody even makes a good imitation of that one.

caron said...

It was pretty sad when you had to finish your own birthday song. But I get an E for effort, right?
PS, your birthday present is nigh unto done. well, half of it. But it's the better half. I'm so excited to give it to you!

caron said...

So, birthday month is drawing to a close. Are you going out with a bang?