Monday, February 25, 2008

Fun weekend

This past weekend was a blast! On Friday, Matt took me to dinner at The Pie. I had never been there before, and I must say...it was excellent! Some of the best pizza I've had in a long time. (It was also the only pizza I've had in a long time.) :) We went with Garrett and Courtney and had a really fun night.


On Saturday, we decided we hadn't had a perilous adventure for a couple of weeks and so we went snowshoeing with Roy and Beth. It was a lot of fun.

We had intentions of hiking to Donut Falls, but we never actually found the falls, and ended up just traipsing through the woods.

It was beautiful! I think I could really get into this sport. I love hiking in the summer, and so this was the perfect winter alternative. Matt and I followed this really cool trail that led to some mines. We never actually got to the mines before Roy came running after us telling us we had gone the wrong way, but we really enjoyed the trail.

We even saw a moose! It was so cool...I had never seen one out in the wild before. Don't worry, it was plenty far away from us.

On Saturday night we went Disco Roller Skating. It was a lot of fun. It totally reminded me of middle school. Classic was the place to be at the age of 12. I was kind of disappointed that they didn't use their disco ball though. But we had a lot of fun dressing up and doing some old school skating. What a fun weekend!

4 comments:

The Bentley's said...

lookds like fun christy... p.s. your looking so good! way to go!

Melissa said...

I love the Disco garb. What a great idea.

Heather said...

What fun adventures!!! I wanted to go snowshoeing this winter, but that kind of backfired when my back went out. Too bad!

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

Too bad I have a toddler. I really want to take up snowshoeing, but I think it will be about five years down the road still. There certainly are drawbacks to having children.