Tuesday, May 29, 2007

World traveler



create your own visited country map

According to this lovely map generator, I have visited a whopping 6% of the countries in the world. On the top of my list of places I would like to visit are...Tahiti, the British Isles, Greece, and Italy. However, when opportunities arise I must take them. My friend April is moving to China for a year, so I think a trip to China will move its way to the top of the list. When else might I have the opportunity to know someone who lives in China who could show me around? Seize the day!



create your own personalized map of the USA

Within the country I've done a bit better (82% of the states in the Union). Since my dad was in the army when I was growing up and we moved around a lot, we took advantage of wherever we were living and made an effort to see the surrounding sights. And driving across the country 4 times helps you see the country too! One of the funnest trips was when my mom and I drove out to Atlanta and back (a year apart!) and stopped to see all the cool things along the way. On the top of my list of things I have yet to see in the U.S. are Mount Rushmore, Churchill Downs (the home of the Kentucky Derby), Austin, the Everglades, and Chicago.

What's on the top of your travel wishlist?

2 comments:

caron said...

Is it calculated by the percentage of red on the map or actual number of coutries you visited versus the total number of countries? If it's by red, then China will put you in a good position to cover the world.

Christy said...

It goes by percentage of countries you have visited vs. total number of countries.

I better start practicing my Chinese. So far I know one word: Nihou. I think it either means hello or thank you. I guess I should probably find that out.