Saturday, April 28, 2007

Don't cry for Argentina


Two years ago today I returned home from my mission. I still remember as I sat in the airplane and watched out the little window as my beloved Mendoza got smaller and smaller, I just cried and cried all the way to Buenos Aires. Serving a mission was definatley one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I can't imagine never having met the Tello family, the Elizondo family, the Muzaber family, the Perretti family, Gabriela, Adriana, Natalia, Gabriel, Andrea, Lorena, and all the other fantastic people I met. I learned so much from each one of them, and I'm so grateful they are a part of my life.

I would just like to remind myself of something I wrote at the end of my mission:
Otono en las vinas es el tiempo para mi,
Predicando el evangelio y bautizando almas alli.
Terminada la cosecha, de las vinas partire
Con frutos muy sagrados que jamas olvidare.

O sed fieles mis hermanos en la obra del Senor,
Siempre trabajando y brindando su amor.
Recordad las oraciones y sed firmes en la verdad,
Con limpios corazones, para siempre paz gozad.

Volvere a mi familia, al hogar de mi amor,
Y empezare a trabajar en otras vinas del Senor.
Mas mi corazon es triste porque mis amigos dejare.
O adios mi Argentina, pronto volvere.

As I left Argentina, my one wish was for all the wonderful people I had met to stay strong in the gospel. I promised them that I would, and so if they would, we would meet again. I was lucky enough to return to my mission last year and see some of these people still strong in the gospel...but unfortunatley some had fallen away. I don't know that I'll ever see them again in this life, so I pray that they will come back. I'm still trying to keep my promise. It isn't always easy, but I know it's worth it. I miss being a missionary. To commemerate my coming home date, I went to the MTC today to volunteer. I love doing that...those missionaries have such a spirit with them, and they are so full of love. Tonight I was reminded that my Heavenly Father loves me and knows my thoughts and feelings and truly cares and is watching out for me. I'm so grateful for missionaries and the power they have to remind us of those important things.

No comments: