Monday, April 23, 2007

2:37:32

I finished the half marathon!!!!!! And I'm still alive!!!!!!! The official time was..... 2 hours and 37 minutes and 32 seconds. So it looks like Natalie is the big winner with her guess of 2 hours 40 minutes! Nat, email me your address and I will send you your prize.

I was so worried I would not be able to do the race because I was really sick on Friday, but a miracle occurred, and I felt great on Saturday. I'm so happy with how I did and how I felt...honestly I couldn't have asked for better conditions or results even if I were completely healthy. It actually feels kind of surreal...like did I really do that? But anyway, it feels great and that is one of my New Year's Resolutions I can now cross off the list and mark as 'accomplished'.

Thanks to Melissa, who is my running inspiration and for her lovely running program, to Brittany for giving me the training program, encouragement, and all her tips, to Rebecca for running with me (way to go Rebecca!), Anne and Sabrina and Jenny for the cowbells, Kristen and Shawn for the pre-race goodies, and everyone who helped get me across the finish line!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Way to go. You are now my running inspiration.