Friday, October 13, 2006

Ya se fue


Nathan went in to the MTC this week and I'm sad he's gone. Here he is having one last moment of "rebellion" before they put his tags on. I know eating a sucker is not rebellion, but they made him throw it out before he went inside. Another funny thing to note: He had his rubix cube in his pocket for support as he entered the MTC. Sometimes I wish I could go back and redo my mission. I made some dumb mistakes, and I wonder how it would have been had I done things a bit differently. Being at the MTC made me want to go volunteer at the referral center or something. I haven't had/made many opportunities to do missionary work lately.



The brothas and the sistas. Now I don't mean to complain (I'm currently reading the book How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie and the first chapter is all about not complaining so I'm trying to work on that), but when I look at this picture I can't help but feel like the ugly stepsister. How come my sisters got all the pretty genes?

My hot water heater has been broken for over a month now, and if I have to take one more freezing cold shower, I think I'm going to have a nervous breakdown. Good thing I am moving soon. OK, venting is over.

P.S. Today is Friday the 13th. Going to a Halloween party to celebrate. Where did the superstition come from anyway that it's an unlucky day? In Argentina their unlucky day is Tuesday the 13th. My sister's roommate got married today, is that a bad omen for their marriage?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Christy - Loved your costume last night! Congrats on your brother entering the MTC! - Kristen

caron said...

Dear Christy: I am officially banning your ugly stepsister comment due to the untruthfulness of it! Tisk Tisk.
And, yes, your costume did look fantastic! We didn't get our picture, though. I'll have to steal the one picture they did take of Peter Pan drinking syrup. SICK! I hope I don't catch diabetes from that.
PS, I miss the leiderhosen already.

Anonymous said...

Girl in seminary stands up the other day to tell a story. She said that she's a life guard and the night before a guy named Nathan Shepard hopped the fence to her pool. He said he had fifty five minutes left to enjoy before his mission, and was going to spend it swimming laps in a speedo. I'm assuming your he's your brother.

Christy said...

HA! That is funny! I knew that he had gone swimming right before he got set apart, but I thought he had just gone to Marv's.

He also spent his last hours reading atop the SLC library, listening to his iPod, and dancing around the house. He actually was late arriving to the stake center for his setting apart because he had to get one last song in. :)

Christy said...

oh yeah, and drinking mate.

Melissa said...

Bwha ha. Your brother is one high-larious dude.