Thursday, October 19, 2006

Layers vs. the real thing

Watch this:




So, I’ve been having an “ugly” week lately. You know, when you just feel ugly. Anyway, watching this video made me feel better. Why can’t the media portray real, normal people instead of giving us an unrealistic perception? Of course I would look better if I had makeup and hair artists work their wonders on me every day and had Photoshop experts “edit” out all my flaws and had perfect lighting at all times to highlight my features. Anyone would. But let's be realistic here...and embrace real beauty instead of a fake imitation.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

My sister-in-law sent this to me last week. It's mesmerizing and a telling social commentary.

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

Hey Christy!
This is Natalie (Kilgore) Giddens, from your BYU days AND your Atlanta days. Anyway, I've been snooping on your blog for awhile, so I thought it was about time for me to leave a comment. (You are, by the way, still as cute as ever! :-)

What a cool video. I've just watched it three times in a row. We all have those ugly weeks, so it was nice to see just how altered those photos can be.

Have a great one!!

Love ya,
Natalie :-)