Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Heat stroke

We went hiking the other day to the Salt Lake Overlook, part of the Desolation Trail up Milcreek Canyon. I swear this was the hottest day of the year...until today. Anyway, we thought, oh it's only 2 miles...easy stuff. Wrong! It seemed like so much longer than 2 miles. But it was gorgeous and we had a fabulous time.

I don't think I've ever been so dang hot. What is up with this weather? And to top it off, I have no air conditioning in my apt, and my air conditioning in my car broke and the fridge broke. I think I'm going to die of heat stroke!

OK, back to the hike. Here we are at the end of the trail enjoying the view. Some crazy couple brought their newborn baby on this hike...kinda random. Oh, and I can't forget our adventure at Shivers afterwards...its like a real-life Candyland game. Oh, one more thing, my 10K race is Monday...I hope I'm ready. I've only actually run 10K twice and the first time I thought I was going to die, the second time wasn't as bad as the first, but it was still quite challenging. My knees have been hurting lately though, so I think I'm going to cut back on the whole running thing after the race. Good news! I finally made it past week 8 on the running program! Yay for me! Next month maybe I'll make it past week 9.

1 comment:

caron said...

Man, 4AM came so early! Atleast it was worth it. Well done, girls! Ye dun good!