Thursday, June 29, 2006

A new form of fortune telling

Here’s something kinda fun…put your iPod on shuffle and each song represents the answer to the next question. No cheating allowed! It’s better than a Magic 8 Ball!

Disclaimer: These may not be the actual titles of the songs. It’s just what I call them.

How am I feeling today?
iPod’s answer: Why Georgia?, John Mayer
Christy’s answer: More like it’s only Thursday! This week is dragging on forever.

Will I get far in life?
iPod’s answer: Better When We’re Together, Jack Johnson
Christy’s answer: I sure hope so. My lofty ambitions include: travel the world (this means go to every continent at least once, and to go to all the cool-sounding countries), raise a successful family, make a difference in the world

How do my friends see me?
iPod’s answer: Jesse’s Girl, Rick Springfield
Christy’s answer: Where is that Jesse? How can I be his girl if I’ve never heard of him?

When will I get married?
iPod’s answer: I’m Gonna Get Ya, Shania Twain
Christy’s answer: Well, someone’s gotta get me in order for that to happen.

What’s my theme song?
iPod’s answer: Honey, I’m Home, Shania Twain
Christy’s answer: Does this mean I’m going to be a thriving career woman?

What is the story of my life?
iPod’s answer: Smooth Criminal, Michael Jackson
Christy’s answer: Hmmm….this one’s interesting. I do work out by the prison. J

How can I get ahead in life?
iPod’s answer: Blue Bedroom, Toby Keith
Christy’s answer: Time to redecorate!

What is my best feature?
iPod’s answer: What a Fine Life, Newsies soundtrack
Christy’s answer: I thought my best feature was my eyes.

How is today going to be?
iPod’s answer: Stays in Mexico, Toby Keith
Christy’s answer: OK, if I must, I’ll take another trip to Mexico…you don’t have to pull my arm.

What’s in store for this weekend?
iPod’s answer: Nobody Drinks Alone, Keith Urban
Christy’s answer: Well, I have big plans to go to a very cool masquerade ball this weekend. I don’t think I’ll be drinking alone there!

What is my life like at this moment?
iPod’s answer: Believe, Brooks & Dunn
Christy’s answer: I’ve got to believe in something, but what?

What describes my secrets?
iPod’s answer: Sweet Home Alabama, Sweet Home Alabama soundtrack
Christy’s answer: I think my secrets got left in Alabama on the drive home from Georgia.

What is my current lover like?
iPod’s answer: Break Away, Rascal Flats
Christy’s answer: Well this explains why I have a non-existent lover…he’s breaking away and gallivanting and having many adventures. Maybe I should join him.

What song will they play at my funeral?
iPod’s answer: Zip A Dee Do Dah, Disney’s Greatest Hits
Christy’s answer: OK, this is NOT funny. I hope my funeral is not a huge celebration and relief that I’m gone.

How does the world see me?
iPod’s answer: You Had Me From Hello, Kenny Chesney
Christy’s answer: If only I could make this kind of first impression…something I’ll have to work on.

Will I have a happy life?
iPod’s answer: Simple as it Seems, Pants and More
Christy’s answer: It’s that simple.

What do my friends really think of me?
iPod’s answer: Where I Come From, Alan Jackson
Christy’s answer: I know you all have a hard time pinning down just exactly where I come from since I’ve lived in so many different places…but I was born right here in the good old SLC.

Do people secretly lust after me?
iPod’s answer: Swing Swing, All American Rejects
Christy’s answer: No comment

Will I accomplish my goals in life?
iPod’s answer: Wake Me Up Before you Go-Go, Wham!
Christy’s answer: Is this saying…only in my dreams will I accomplish my goals. I know I’m an idealist dreamer, but c’mon!

Will I find true love?
iPod’s answer: Better Life, Keith Urban
Christy’s answer: What exactly does a better life entail?

How do I treat others?
iPod’s answer: Joy of Man’s Desiring, Josh Groban
Christy’s answer: Oh how I hope to bring people joy!

2 comments:

caron said...

Wow, all of life's answers included in a tidy little package. I gotta break down and get one now!

Melissa said...

All righty, sounds fun. I'll be joining the fun on my blog as well.