Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Props to me

So last weekend, yours truly actually ran a 5K race. I know, something even I never thought I'd do. And I even ran (OK, jogged) almost the whole entire time. 81% of the time to be exact. Now, this is a major accomplishment for me. This is coming from the girl who hated running her whole life, the girl who would do almost anything to get out of running. This just goes to show, anything is possible if you put your mind to it.

I'd like to thank all the little people...first of all, Melissa, who talked so much about the 12-week running program every time I saw her for a year that I had to try it out; Caron, for running the race with me; Rebecca, for doing the running program, too; and Teri for talking it up so much that I actually got excited about running. (Something else I never dreamed would happen.) And, not to mention the wonderful people at Apple that invented the iPod. So, here's to me! (I figure I have some bragging rights for the time being.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm commenting to you anonymously because you don't know me. However, I wanted to congratulate you on your run. It really is quite an accomplishment. I didn't realize it, really, until I tried to go jogging with a friend the other day. We ran for eight minutes. Eight minutes. It's harder then it looks. You are an inspiration to we couch potatos.

Melissa said...

WHAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! If I could put that in 78 pt. font right now, I would. But you'll notice I used an exclamation point, and I'm pretty stingy with those babies. I'm so very proud. I never thought I'd be a runner either, but look at us. And yes, the iPod is the greatest invention since sliced bread.

You go girl.