Monday, May 19, 2008

Fortune tellers

I got two fortunes from fortune cookies at our ward activity this weekend. They were especially pertinant to my current situation and have restored my faith in fortune cookies. (Fortunes have become so lame nowadays). Anyway, the fortunes said...

1. You will become intrigued with Chinese culture and food. (How did they know I was going to China in 3 days?)

2. You will have a lively family. (Note: On July 25, my new last name will be Lively.)

These Chinese people really know their stuff!

7 comments:

Danielle said...

That is awesome. When I was pregnant with Parker (but didn't know it yet) I got a fortune cookie that said something to the effect of "You will soon receive great news that will change your life". Like 2 days later I took a positive pregnancy test. Crazy huh? Have fun in China and be safe!!
P.S. Where are you living after you get married? You guys should buy the house across the street from me...it just went up for sale. Wouldn't that be fun?

Melissa said...

Those fortunes--especially the second--are pretty awesome. I ran into your pops on Saturday in Cokeville, WY. Funny, eh? We chatted about you.

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

Those are some awesome fortunes. My most recent one was "This year your highest priority will be your family." They are always my highest priority, but, I'm also expecting child #2, so it will be even more so. I like Abigail's fortune though, "You will soon be crossing desert sands for a fun vacation." Hmmmmm, I wonder where we are going?

Kristen Brady said...

Love it! Have a wonderful time in China - I'm so jealous!

Anonymous said...

haha! Those were awesome fortunes!

Heather said...

I LOVE the one about your "lively" family...LOL :) How are wedding plans coming?

The Bentley's said...

i agree fortune cookies have become so lame... but way to go and getting two good ones!!! p.s. have fun in china... you'll come back all ready for the big day...wedding:))