Wednesday, January 10, 2007

One single word

I would just like to say that in exactly 72 hours from now, I will not be scraping snow from my car, or trying to locate my wool socks, or sipping hot chocolate, or even wearing a coat. Instead, I will be wearing my super cute new swimsuit, I will be lathered up in SPF 30, laying in a lounge chair with a good book, and drinking pina coladas in the luxurious Caribbean. Let the countdown begin cuz soon I will be here...Is blogging a trend of the past? Just wondering since it seems that people have jumped off the blogging bandwagon.

On another note, I was reading on Ali's blog the other day, and she issued a challenge to come up with one little word to describe your vision for 2007. She said she started this tradition last year, and her word for 2006 was “play”. Everything she did that year, she kept that word in mind, and it really changed her vision on the everyday things of life. This got me thinking. What one single word would I choose to describe an entire year? Well, I’ve come up with one. LIVE.

By this I mean things like:
-Live life to its fullest
-Live up to my potential
-Live in the present
-Live each day with no regrets
-Enjoy everyday living
-Make my life what it was meant to be
-Live in accordance to the covenants I’ve made

I read this quote the other day that says, “Dream as if you’ll live forever. Live as if you’ll die today.” I’m a big dreamer, but I’m not always a big liver. That is, one who lives--not an internal organ. :) I sometimes find myself living in the past or in the future, and not wholly embracing the present, so I'm going to try and work on that. Anyway, what would your word be?

2 comments:

caron said...

How about "deepen". I have so many things that I just sample as I am running by, and I want to deepen my experiences. I want to be more involved and more committed to the things that I am involved in, and I want to have richer experiences and deeper relationships with the people I surround myself with. And I want to have a deeper commitment to living the way I know that I should-- not out of fear or habit, but out of a deeper love for God. Woops, I think I just made a new years resolution. :)

Anonymous said...

"Rise" as in "rise every time you fall." I also like to think of it as doing whatever I do at the next level up. (Increase my awareness, passion, service, everything.)